The KINDER ARTIST Program is a 3 hour drop off session dedicated to those children in their last year of kinder (ages 4-5 years). The class is lead by two qualified teachers. The focus of each session is to nurture an understanding for the creative process whilst learning the art of socialising and mindfullness.
Each week, our sessions will begin with a story or picture share and discussion, followed by an hour of art creating. We will break for a 15 minute fruit snack (parents to supply). Sensory & creative art play will follow for an hour, and finially ending our session with a 30 mintue mindfullness activity.
During our art session we will learn about colour mixing, shape and pattern creating, sculpting and construction, as well as extending our fine motor skills with threading and crafting activies. Drawing skills and colouring techniques will be enhanced while concentration and creative problem solving skills extended. Artists will also learn to discuss their artworks with each other as they work through mini art projects.
Sensory art involve activities that activates our senses, like exploring water beads and the concept of transfering, or making potions using citrus and herbs, or creating a painting to the sound of music. Our creative play is gently guided by our teachers and may include using props created from out art session or singing and dancing may be incorporated. Connections will be made to our story.
Mindfullness is about being present and in the moment. It is about connecting with our emotions, thoughts and feelings.
Each session is carefully planned by highly qualified teacher's so be assured the skills being taught will also encourage school readiness.
At the end of the term, each KINDER ARTIST will bring home their special Art folio that houses all their artworks!
- Term 1: 9 weeks, 28th Jan-26th March 2020
- 3 hour class, please adhere to class times as classes run back to back and teachers need preparation and clean up time.
- Your child will need to be toilet trained to join this class.
- Term Bookings welcome throughout the term please email Rachael to arrange (pro rata costs will apply after week 1)
- AFTER A DISCOUNT on the term fee, jut email Rachael and we can organise one!
- All materials provided
- Please dress for art, smocks are availiable but art can get messy!
- Visit our FAQ's for more details
- Classes begin at the time frame advertised, early entry is not permitted.
- We have various workshops running throughout the day and we appreciate your cooperation in adhering to class times.
- There are limited parks outside our studio, please look for 20 on the ground when parking. You will find excess parks in the Bunnings area.
- ADDRESS: 20 Lobelia Drive, Altona North, VIc 3025
A minimum of 4 artists are required to run a class. In the event that a class is cancelled, you will be notified and a refund or credit will be issued.
We do not offer refunds for missed classes. However, you are able to attend another session time during the term (ideally in the same week as our project work will continue on).
Timetable and classes are subject to change. You will be notified of changes via email or text message.
All classes & workshop are secured once payment is made.
Term classes are refundable when 2 weeks notice is given. Please email this to firstname.lastname@example.org Processing and bank fees are non refunable.
Holiday workshops & casual clasess are non-refundable. We can reschedule your booking if you give 24 hour notice. We do offer a workshop transfer to another participant if you are unable to attend and give 24 hour notice, please provide all details of the new participant via your booking email to Rachael.
GST is applied on checkout